1000Toys unveils the Carter-A259 action figure from HALO: Reach, a detailed action figure that brings the game's noble leader to life. Preorder today for $179.99.
Neca Unlocks The Vault: Week 4 Sells Out Fast
NECA's Vault Week 4 closes with a bang, as coveted collectibles from iconic films sell out rapidly.
Neca's final unlocking of the vault has landed, with the vast majority of the items on offer selling out quickly.
For Quentin Tarantino aficionados, and not for the first time, the offerings were particularly enticing. Notably, the rare Broomhilda figure from 'Django Unchained' made a reappearance, priced at a cool $350. Equally sought-after was the 'Bounty Law' lunchbox from 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood', available for $400. Both items sold out, with Broomhilda, especially limited to just 10 figures, disappearing within minutes.
ALIENS - POWER LOADER P-5000 DELUXE VEHICLE
The next item to whizz off the virtual shelves was the Power Loader P-5000 Deluxe Vehicle from the classic 1986 movie Aliens. Standing over 11 inches tall, this meticulously detailed model boasts over 30 points of articulation, including fully articulated arms and legs. The attention to detail extends to 20 wires and hoses, working pistons, and a design that accommodates most 6.5-7” action figures.
Priced at $104.99, it sold out within minutes, echoing the iconic status of the exoskeleton used by Lt. Ripley in the movie.
"Kill Bill" Action Figures - 2005
A nod to another Tarantino classic, the Kill Bill figures from 2005's sequel also made an appearance. Priced at $19.99 each, these figures included:
- Beatrix Kiddo ("The Bride"): Featuring a sword, sheath, antenna, eyeball, and display base, this 7-inch action figure embodies the movie's protagonist, complete with her mission of vengeance. Now sold out.
- Elle Driver ("The California Mountain Snake"): Known for her ruthless character, this figure comes equipped with a sword, sheath, suitcase, bundles of cash, a snake, and a display base.
- Pai Mei: The legendary martial artist comes with a cane, four swords, a sword rack, and a display base. This figure pays homage to his unique role in training the film's key characters and his mastery of the "Five-Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique."
Each figure boasts articulation and accessories that enable fans to recreate scenes from the movie. You can still get your hands on Pai Mei (very few left) and Elle Driver if you want to get your hands on these retro figures.
That's all for the Neca Unlock event. I do wish we had seen more variety across the four weeks, but fans of Quentin Tarantino have been spoilt for choice. I wouldn't have minded getting my hands on some of those banned Django Unchained figures - they would have been a cool addition to any collection.
It's been an exciting four weeks for NECA fans. Let's hope the vault doesn't stay closed for long, hinting at more locked-away treasures to be added to our collections soon!
- Follow - Arodie on Twitter.
- Subscribe - To arodie.com for free and get updates straight to your inbox.
Arodie is reader-supported. When you buy through the links on our site, we might earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Our opinions on the products we discuss are always our own.